Wednesday 8 April 2009

"He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss)"

Hi gang,

Hope you're all fighting fit! I certainly am... considering that I'm now boxing every week!

Yes you heard right, I'M A BOXER and I'm loving it!! It's so much more fun than other exercise as it's more intellectually stimulating in a way - I love how focused it makes me... so wish me luck. :)

Monday and Tuesday this week I was in a London rehearsal room with Mark, Mathis and new Temposhark keyboard player Leila MacFie.

Leila is SO cool - you're going to love her. She's a mean keyboard-player and has wicked style to boot! She's already brought a big ray of sunshine to the rehearsals.

Sean joined us to guide us musically and help set up the computer side of it. We're going to perform 6 brand new songs at the forthcoming London gigs, along with 'Blame' from the last album. So it's an exciting time, and really refreshing to perform the new songs for the first time.

I've also been preparing clothes and ideas for the Album 2 photoshoot. Tom Lardner and I are heading into a studio early next week to do all the new shots with Morten Laursen (the photographer who did 'The Invisible Line' b&w photos). Plus keep an eye on www.temposhark.com as a new holding page will be going live in the coming week. I've decided to re-launch the whole website with help from my friends at Eskimopush. Hopefully it won't take too long to build... I reckon it'll be done by mid-May at the latest.

I've already built a new online shop. I'm very proud of it right now as I made it all by myself! That's right, I'm a shop-keeper now too. ;) Check it now, this is a little exclusive for y'all! http://temposhark.bigcartel.com

I bought loads of new music this week - the new albums by Bat For Lashes, PJ Harvey, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Antony & The Johnsons, Majiker and even Ciara's new single to name a few things... there is a lot of great music out there... so don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :)

So that's pretty much my week so far. I'll write very soon. If you use Twitter then you can follow me there... I've started regularly updating it, so it's the best way to find out what's new.

Kisses to you all from the boxing shop-keeper... night night... :)
R.xx

1 comment:

Taragh said...

Impressive shop you built Robert. I quite fancy that Joy Joy Joy badge. Looking forward to your Cookham gig.